For our Aloha Team Dinner, I decided to keep the prep easy for BBQ Pulled Pork tacos by using a slow cooker, and this recipe turned out to be a keeper!
Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork
- 1 (3-4 lb.) boneless Boston butt pork roast
- 1 jar Kelle B Santa Fe Apple BBQ Sauce (we also sell this at Barque)
- 6 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 white onion, coursely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 2 bell peppers, seeded and chopped into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 32 oz. container of low sodium chicken broth
- 2-3 cups of water
- chili powder
- salt and pepper
Remove the netting from the pork roast and generously rub it down with chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper on all sides. Place it in the slow cooker and add chopped onion, jalapeno, bell peppers and garlic.
Cook on the high temperature setting for 2 hours, then reduce to low for 4-5 hours. If you’re not able to change the temperature, just cook it on low for 8-9 hours.
Warning: This pork will make your house smell AMAZING! 🙂
Once you’re ready to serve, remove the meat from the slow cooker and place it on a cutting board. Cut away the obvious fat, and shred the meat. If you want even more flavorful meat, retrieve some of the veggies from the pot, chop them up and add mix them into the meat before serving.
This pork is great for tacos, sandwiches, burritos… it’s very versatile. And for how easy it is, that’s a beautiful thing.