After living with my poor decision to get a chevron duvet cover long enough, I decided the guest room needed a refresh. Nothing major – I left the furniture and layout of the room the same – I just replaced the textiles to give the room a whole new look. I was surprised how just a few new items made a big difference:
- navy blackout draperies
- white duvet cover and pillowcases
- white sheets from LL Bean (these are my absolute favorite sheets!)
- blue patterned throw from In2Green – it’s made from recycled t-shirts and we sell them at the store. I just love how cozy it is and that it’s machine washable.
- pink Mexican blanket – I got this at a gas station for $20 in Sweetwater, Texas (driving home from a weekend trip to Dallas)
- wool pillows (made from heirloom vintage Peruvian rugs/blankets) – these were by my favorite detail! I just love the bright colors and textures. They were one of my favorite finds from Market!
I know a lot of people are scared to have white bedding, especially with pets – but I think it makes a bedroom so serene. It’s worth the extra trouble. Anything to make my guests feel more comfortable in the guest suite, right?
Now, who’s coming to visit?