1. Champagne – If a celebratory situation arises, you simply MUST have Champagne on hand to toast! It might sit there for2 weeks or 2 years, but when the occasion arises, you’ll be glad it’s available (and already chilled)!
2. Eggs – Whether you need a snack or a meal, eggs offer the perfect option. No plans for dinner? An omlette makes for a chic and resourceful dinner option. A boiled egg also makes for a great snack – packs a punch with protein and it’s easy to make!
3. Dijon Mustard- On a sandwich or used in homemade salad dressing, dijon mustard is a the perfect staple to have on hand.
4. Spinach – I love the versatility of spinach… it’s great for making a salad (as a main course), but it’s also great for wilting as an easy side dish. Cooked in a skillet over med-high heat for 3-5 minutes and drizzled with a little lemon and salt and pepper, it’s an addition to dinner that you can make in less than 5 minutes.
5. Soy Sauce – It’s great for adding a little zest to a last-minute stir fry or for livening up plain rice or noodles. Soy sauce is so versatile… and delicious!
Do you agree with my picks? What other items do you think are a must-have?